2016-04-16

Update, and a visit to the local garden center

Two days ago the sugar snap peas just POP! today I saw the snow peas are also starting to pop up.


I took a few pictures around the garden. Not too bad for phone pictures, but I should take out the camera soon:

Hawthorn

Fern

Fern that I grew from spores

Fern

Fern - Cyrtomium fortunei

Fern - Cyrtomium fortunei
These Louvre hyacinths I planted in March have turned out beautiful
(and fragrant as ever)

Bad photo of the first flowers of my pretty white broom

Lilac. I lost the label, but I investigated today in the garden center where
I bought it, I think it may be Agnes Smith (white, single)
Will we get a HUGE LOAD of fruit?? (redcurrant)

Elder

Boston ivy on the front door. I killed its predecessor so I am really
pampering this one! it's a harsh façade...
So in the garden center we got:

A superbly staged vignette ;)

Corylus avellana 'Webb's prize cob' x2 (hazelnuts!)
Salvia × sylvestris 'Schneehügel' (a white flowering sage)
Lupinus 'Camelot white' (white lupines)
Chaenomeles × superba 'Jet Trail' (compact Japanese quince)
Lonicera japonica 'Halliana' (honeysuckle)
Hymenocallis 'ismène festalis' (x1 bulb peruvian daffodil)
Iris hollandica (white of course)
Muscari botryroides 'alba' x3 (and three sprigs per pot)
Lavender alba (dunno which) x3
And a pot of something I promptly forgot WTF it is! I know it is an herb and it is white although normally it isnt? may it be Verbena hastata or am I confusing that with something I sown yesterday?? sigh my memory...

More on these later today or tomorrow when we plant them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.