2016-04-09

Bulbs

Zantedeschia

Labels
Today I got two bulbs in Aveve (is Agapanthus actually a bulb?) the Zantedeschia had a baby bulb to the side (that is why I selected this one), so I split it before I planted them. There is another bud, but I didn't want to cut the bulb so close to the center, the side bud split readily.

I'll have to remember to dig out the Zantedeschia in Autumn, maybe also the Agapanthus. I planted the Z between some herbs in a sunny but quite protected spot (at least as long as the pallets stay where they are) and the A close to the fence, behind an apple tree.

I also planted a cilantro from the grocery store, I never had luck with this... I planted it close to the mint, on the shadiest spot in the only available bed. This time, I put a cloche over it, and I hope that will let it adapt to being outside.

Also spilt some seeds around, nasturtiums, love-in-a-mist, borage.

I've put four planters I have on one of the new windowsills. Three have chard from last year that survived. I filled the 4th with soil and planted some chard bright lights. I don't think I ever had this one come out? I top dressed the other 3 containers with compost.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.